Saturday, August 27, 2005

That was fun

Mrs. SSG B and I went to see The Brother's Grimm last night. It was a good time. I was a bit worried it was going to be like Sleepy Hollow but I was spared that. I do like Matt Damon. I dimly recall that after Good Will Hunting Ben Affleck and Matt Damon were lumped into the same category as actors. Yeah. Matt Damon has gone on to succeed in the Bourne series, Saving Private Ryan, Talented Mr. Ripley, and Ocean's Eleven. Ben Affleck has gone on to do... Jennifer Lopez.

Maybe they're not as far apart as I'd originally thought.

Anyway, Grimm was a good movie. Not suitable for the youngin's due to some kind of intense moments (the gingerbread man was... icky).

It's a processing Saturday so I'm off to work... ugh...

3 comments:

Mauser*Girl said...

I haven't seen it yet but I plan to go see it. I'm very much looking forward to it.

I did snicker a bit about your comment that it wasn't suited for the little ones. I was wondering whether you had ever read any of Grimm's Fairytales in their original versions, because they are very gorey indeed. There are people getting burned alive and the like. And, of course, the brothers Grimm gave us such lovely childhood stories like "The Jew in the Thornbush" that are now omitted from most Grimm collections.

SFC B said...

I was probably read the originals as a child, but have forgotten them.

I'd imagine that "The Jew in the Thornbush" has been omitted in the same way that "Song of the South" isn't expected to be released as a Collector's Edition DVD form Disney.

Mauser*Girl said...

There's a collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales that has ALL of them in it. It's called the Complete Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm, and is translated by Jack Zipes. It has the 210 original stories and 40 that have never before been translated.

Post a Comment