Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Zero to Zero

New recruiting month has started, as has a whole new recruiting year. This is a time of such possibility and hope. I've been the World's Worst Recruiter for the past two months. With any luck that will change with a quickness. Today, if the recruiting gods do not interfere, I shall have a nice, simple IRR-TPU contract write. Thus letting me start the month off with a whole number. Mr. Mayer's hearing waiver was approved, so now I just need for the BC to approve his DUI waiver and he'll be in. That should happen this week.

So, in the course of, maybe, if I'm lucky, five days I will go from an anchor on the company to being the top producer. I will go from having to fill out Excel spreadsheets detailing how I suck to being asked to help other people put people into the Army. Recruiting really does just come down to chance. There are things that a recruiter can do to move the odds into their favor. Having a full funnel, lots of COIs, and so on and so on. All those things will, I'm sure, get you through the lean times. But it's only a matter of time before it runs out and you're at zero roller training.

I'm more sure than ever that part of the training to become a 79R is to go through an operation that removes the part of your brain that perceives time, cause, and effect. Anyway, dropped a kid off for the phys this morning so I've been going since about 0330. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

1 comments:

Mauser*Girl said...

I wouldn't know bout SSG B but before my better half had to go to the hospital for his ulcer he was up to three packs of smokes a day, three pots of coffee, and two rum-and-cokes at night to counteract the coffee.

Post a Comment