Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Back to suck

Well... first day of the RCM and I'm back to sucking. The first day of the month is such a bittersweet moment. It's bitter if you had a good month because, well, today you suck. But if you had a poor month the Recruiting calendar rolling over is a wonderful occasion because all your sins are washed away. A new month is like... a... new... something... my poetic mind is gone now.

Hopefully it won't be a painful month for me. I've got some people lined up who are pretty solid. Even if I only get two of the three I'll make my monthly mission. With a little bit of luck I might be able to make up a shortfall from last month to make it overall for the quarter. That would be nice. Unlikely but nice.

I plan to spend a little bit of time preying on the young, so to say. It's School ASVAB time so lots of juniors are going to be finding out if they're qualified or not. As the Reserve guy I'm actually able to write HS juniors, so I'm hoping of the several hundred ASVAB scores I'll be tracking one or two will shake out into a contract this year (Volume is box!) or next year when they're seniors. I'm not too keen on having a DEP who is 10 years younger than me, but such is life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment