Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Drug Deal Goes Well

Got my first guy for the month in today. Yay! 12 years in the Guard as an MP and he got tired of being a grunt with a badge. He came to me, asked me if I could get him into the CID unit in my area. Told him I'd see what I could do.

While he was busy protecting innocents from harm, harming those who weren't innocent, and providing comfort where needed in New Orleans as part of Katrina relief I was busy making phone calls to the unit setting up an interview. Interview went well and they wanted him. Getting him out of the Guard was the next challenge. I don't know how it is in the rest of the US, but in my state getting people out of the Guard to join the Reserve is difficult at best, painfully fruitless at worst. However, Mr. Jr's was due to ETS a couple weeks after returning from LA so, although it wasn't a perfect, or even a good solution, we agreed to just wait it out, get his NGB 22, and put him into the Reserve.

Today it happened. The Army has a new 31D, and I have another contract in the first week. Gotta love it. Christmas hasn't been cancelled yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment