Sunday, February 26, 2006

Return

Just got back from our annual training conference. Talk about Fraud Waste and Abuse.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed myself. It was a day of Friday, a morning of talking on Saturday, followed by hours gambling in the afternoon, and then an evening of more talking and dinner, and then a night of more gambling. This morning featured a 20 minutes safety brief and then more gambling before driving home. However, I'd much rather have had to work Friday, then get Saturday and Sunday off at home. Time at home is always better than time spent in recruiting.

My issue with the ATC is that it is such a... 79R thing. It's a way for all the of the career recruiters to get together, talk shop, drink some (and by "some" I mean "some obscene amount that would kill a normal human"), and basically enjoy some time is the company of their friends. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm just not all that keen on getting dragged to some sort of 79R masturbatory festival where I'm forced to stuff myself into my ill-fitting dress blues (Mrs. SFC B joined a gym this week, I think I shall be going with her). The best part of the evening was being told the banquet would start in 15 minutes... twice... 15 minutes apart.

Oh well, it was still a good time. Got to have some fun. Got to lose some money. And now I get to return to the business of putting people into the Army.

0 comments:

Post a Comment