Saturday, February 11, 2006

Where is it?

Every time I hear the phrase "international law" I must resist the urge to ask to see it. I can go online and find Arizona's legal statutes. If something about Arizona law bothers me I can easily find the name and number of the state officials who I'd need to contact about possibly amending it. I have the Uniform Code of Military Justice on my computer. Same with California, Nevada, Texas, Massachusetts, and every state in the Union. Federal law is equally accessable. The laws of other developed nations are available for review if you know where to look.

International law has no such organization. My humble opinion is that "international law" only exists in such situations as where nations agree that something needs to be done. Maritime law is huge. Rules about hijacking, piracy, registration, boarding, inspections, and everything related to the waterways between nations is covered. There are set procedures and policies.

When a twit tells me they don't want to enlist because the US broke international law I know that I'm dealing with someone who has no clue how the world works. I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I have clue one how anything works. But I know I don't know. The dimwit denouncing Bush for violating "international law" thinks he knows something, when he doesn't. Proof that ignorance can be bliss.

Anyway, looks like we're going to fall one short of the station boxing. Taking 4 FS losses is painful. If anyone knows someone in the Phoenix area who wants to join the regular Army on Monday, let me know. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment