Monday, May 08, 2006

Going for two

Took the kid from last week down to join today. His waiver was approved Firday so he was walked on today. As always, until they walk in with a bag on their shoulder they're not in. And I'm not able to enjoy the enlistment until they ship out without a problem. If he gets in without a problem that will give me two, and give the station three for four. SGT W^3 has a couple people lined up, so if one of them can drop this week it will close the reserve out for the month.

Next month should be interesting. I'm working on an OCS enlistment. First one who was serious about doing it. Other folks I'd talked to about it were more interested in just making more money, not actually leading Soldiers. I will have the packet done this week, and barring the usual interference from the Recruiting Gods, he'll be in by the end of the calendar month. Of course, by saying that he's now doomed. Oh well, it's been a while since the Recruiting Gods made me tithe.

*UPDATE*

And I'm now tithing. QNE. And an upset mother. I'd gotten too complacent and didn't explain myself well enough. Too relaxed and over confident and it's costing me now. Pride goeth before the fall and all that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment