Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Help needed

Normally I won't pass on stuff from other blogs, I like to come up with my own insanity and stupidity. But Holly over at Politics of a Patriot is a special case. She's done some good stuff for people in uniform and it would have been rude of me to not pass her request on to my other six readers (Hi Mom!).

OK, I have a favor to ask. There is a young soldier (a 23 year old Tennessee National Guardsman) named Sgt. Kevin Downs. He was blown out of his tank in Baghdad a year ago and left with no feet, mangled arms, and burns over 60% of his body. He is a Tennessee boy. Everyone else in the tank was killed. His condition is not good. A surgery to improve the use of fingers on one hand inadvertently caused previous skin grafts to break down, and the grafts on his legs are cracking as well and may require beginning over at square one.Kevin is tired and low in spirits. He needs our prayers and support through cards. Would you please send him a note or card to let him know you are thinking about him? Remember him in your prayers as well. Now I am going to ask a special favor from me. Would you please send this to as many people that you can in your e-mail addresses? I would love to see him get cards from everywhere and hopefully he will know that people all over the country appreciate him leaving the safety of his home and country and fighting for our freedoms. I love America and know that it could very well be one of my family members. Thank you for all that you will do. God Bless.

His address is:
Sgt Kevin Downs
Brooke Army Medical Center
3851 Roger Brooke Dr.
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234 USA

OR:
Sgt Kevin Downs
PO Box 118
Kingston Springs, TN 37028

If you're the letter qriting sort please pass on some good tidings to SGT Downs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment