Sunday, March 11, 2007

Oooooh... pretty

SSG Tomas, Mrs. SSG Tomas, Mrs. SFC B and myself went to see 300 over the weekend.

There isn't much I can add to the comments already made by the hordes of others who have reviewed the film. All I can do is say I think that it's an incredibly good movie. If you're not into violent movies you probably won't like it very much because, well, it's a war movie. But unless you simply can't tolerate violence in your cinema then you're in for a very entertaining 2 hours.

I have nothing bad to say about the movie. Nothing at all. However I do hope that all those who reviewed the movie, and said it was based on a battle where only 300 Spartans faced off against the mass of the Persian army realize that there Spartans had a good deal of help. Even in the final battle where the remaining Greeks were killed there were hundreds of other Greeks there fighting at their side. Seeing these actions on screen isn't going to happen because, although based on real events, 300 is fiction. I just don't like seeing people who should know better ignore the efforts of those others who fought and died in that pass.

Oh, and speaking of effort and devotion to duty, Chelsea over at Not as Easy has enlisted again and ships out shortly. You know what they say: second time's the charm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment