Friday, September 07, 2007

Replacements

My time in recruiting is drawing to a close. Yesterday I got my orders. I'm scheduled for ANCOC in JAN08, and I'm reporting for my next duty assignment in FEB08.

Finally.

So I find myself wondering what to do about this tiny sliver of The Intertubes.

I'll no longer be in recruiting, although it's something I do plan to retain some interest in, from a distance. And you can bet your bottom dollar I'll have SMART in my favorites folder. However, I'll no longer be SFC B: Detailed Recruiter.

I'm looking for someone, or someones, to replace me.

If you're a recruiter, and you've ever thought about putting your thoughts and experiences into an electronic format for the world to read, I'd like to hear from you. Email me at tearecrules-at-gmail-dot-com or at the link on the upper left. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard... I don't care. As long as you're a recruiter.

Here's what you'll need to know going in though:
I'm not going to be quitting this blog. This is going to be a collaborative thing.

You can be anonymous or you can identify yourself. I don't care, however I do need to know who you are so I can verify that you're who and what you say you are. However, that will stay between you and I.

Have something interesting to say. I know, it's hypocritical of me to say that since I rarely do. You don't need to be Bill Whittle or Steven den Beste, but at least every so often saying something cool is good.
If you're worried that you're not the best speller or writer, don't be. No one cares. I've been doing this for over two years and I'm barely literate. If you have something to say, people will listen... er... read. Granted, it might just be my mom, my wife, two of my coworkers, and a pill-popping exhibitionist, but people will read. Who knows, maybe you'll be entertaining enough that you'll have more than 8 readers.

To repeat, if you're a recruiter, and ever thought about blogging about what you're doing. Or heck, if you're a recruiter who used to have a blog but lost interest in maintaining one yourself, shoot me an email.

Oh, and I got my orders!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment