Friday, April 18, 2008

Leonidas would have totally pwnd Xerses with...

400

I have now published 400 posts. And I thank each and everyone one of you for reading some of them.

Seriously. I'll call you and thank you since I'm related to you all by blood or marriage.

The photos from the vacation are coming shortly. I'm still going through them and sorting them into some semblance of order so I can actually find what I need to. That and I'm trying to cut down on the number of times you poor, poor people must see my horrible, splotchy sunburn. Trust me, you'll appreciate it.

So, anyways, while I've been slacking off and not accomplishing much on my blog, I have been busy around the house. I installed ceiling fans in the remaining, fanless rooms, including the master bedrooms vaulted ceiling. Mrs. SFC B and I also managed to remove the field of weeds our front yard had become while we were on vacation. The house has much greater "curb appeal" now. This weekend I plan to remove the weed bushes from the backyard, and possibly even start some of the landscaping we have been talking about doing. We're also taking a trip up to Cottonwood, AZ to check out a BBQ place.

At lunch today I saw the funniest thing I have seen in a while. I pulled into the parking lot and there was a little bit of a brou-haha. Apparently someone was arguing with another person about a handicapped spot. I figured it was some handicapped person reading someone who was not handicapped the riot act because they parked in the spot.

I was wrong.

It was an older man with no legs arguing with a mordibly obese woman and they both had handicapped permits. They were arguing over who deserved the spot more. Now... I have no idea how the gentleman with no legs lost them... but I'm willing to bet that since he did lose them, his "victories" have been more moral rather than cut-and-dry. While a one-legged man might not do well in a butt-kicking contest, he will do a lot better than the no-legged man. Even morbidly obese woman will probably do better in said contest (as a matter of fact "How They Do In A Butt Kicking Contest" is my new standard for defining how crippled someone is). However, man with no legs wins the "Who is More Crippled?" contest hands down. Needless to say, I am going to be struck by lightning for being as gawking at this spectacle as I was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment