Friday, October 14, 2005

Hubris

My previous post angered the recruiting gods greatly. Very very very greatly

I got an email the next day, THE NEXT DAY, saying I'd had a positive match.

AUGH!!!!!!!!!

Quick phone call to the DEP in question. The phone call went something like this.

"Hey, this is SSG B. I need you to tell me what sort of trouble with thw law you've had."
"Well, I had that traffic ticket."
"No, what else have you had?"
(silence) "Nothing."
"What did you do?"
"Nothing."
"What did you do?"
"I'm not a felon."
(a little bit of SSG B dies) "That's good. But there is a whole lot of other things you could be. So now you need to tell me what you did."
"Well, I was busted for possession of pot."
(a little bit more) "When and where?"
"Uhhh... I was like 17 and I was in Seattle."
"Okay. Okay. The damage is being done. The only way to possibly keep this from getting worse is for you to tell me everything. What else have you done?"
"No SSG B. That was it."
"Is that all?"
"Yes, that is all."
"A possession of pot charge as a juve in Seattle. That is the extent of your history with law enforcement?"
"Yes."
"Okay. We'll be in touch. You'll need to come to (our town) on Monday for an interview to see if you'll be able to stay in the Army."
"Okay. I'll be there."
"Talk to you soon man."

I get the police checks and court checks back.

No possession of pot.

Nope. Not on there.

Although he DID get arrested for theft and for failure to appear/bail jumping.

Oh well. First DEP loss. Won't be that last I'm sure. He's lying to me and it's going to get him put out for the Army. I feel nothing.

Oh, and SSG George, quit bitching about having to buy lunch because your fantasy football team sucks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment