Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'm sure it differs

Army Recruiter seems to have attracted a bit of attention to himself because of his airing of USAREC secrets.

Sweet.

I mention this because one of my readers (not my mom) sent me an email (3rd one, thank you Mauser Girl for being my first!) asking me what I thought about some of what he's saying.

I honestly and truely believe that USAREC is the Army's official Urban Legend generating factory. Everyone has a story about someone they know who had something horrible happen to them. But when questioned it turned out that they knew someone who knew someone who had something horrible happen to them in another brigade. It's all basically rumors and innuendo.

But the thing about rumors and innuendo is that it has to start somewhere. Someone had to have those things happen. I've seen enough of USAREC to know that it is entirely possible and plausible that what Army Recruiter says has happened has happened. I just know that in my little slice of the world it doesn't. Ask me again though when I'm on a -2 for the quarter and I'm sure I'll have more to say about how evil USAREC can be.

Anyway, tired. Late. Back to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment