Monday, January 23, 2006

Next on the list

I'm no longer the World's Worst Recruiter. Now I just need to make sure that I keep that status.

With the mission reduction that comes from a 09L the station is now 0-3 on the USAR. We were -1 for 4 (you're welcome SGT W^3) so it's a step in the right direction. I figured I'd use this time to collect my thought and try to put in writing how I plan to get the rest of that mission done.

As we stand we're behind for the year and quarter by about 4 enlistments. Over-producing by two this month and next will get us even and give SGT W^3 and I bragging rights over our counterparts. And that is a good thing. However, overproducing by two just sounds painful, but I'll play along with the 79R mentality.

As it stands right now I've got two other people ready to go. One is the CHIS I'd mentioned before. He's committed and ready to go on Saturday. That puts us 1-3. I've also got a PS who requires a med waiver. In my opinion he should be good to hook, but it's not my opinion that counts so he's not something I can really count on. I've got another PS who has been toying with my emotions since November. He could come through tomorrow or he could be in Sioux Falls for all I know. Between the two of them one should shake out leaving us 2-3.

SGT W^3 will be providing the other two locked enlistments. Because of a little bit of follow-up an IRR-TPU contract walked through the door last week. Some updates need to happen at HRC to make him happen, but it's good for this week. The other bit of good news was the discovery that a slightly pudgy RE waiver went from a full-process to a paper contract with one date. Turns out a woman that SGT W^3 has been working for months is still in the IRR. And is until 2008. I was a bit shocked to find this out, but it was a good kind of shocked. These two contracts bring us to a possible 4-3 by the end of the second week. It requires a whole lot of things to go our way, but it's nice to survey the landscape and at least see a glimmer of hope.

Of course this will empty all the barrels and leave me in the lurch for next month, but I've learned not to take anything for granted. Just get em in boots and worry about next month when next month happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment