Saturday, April 15, 2006

Damnit


I wouldn't mind having to work on Saturday so much if my Astros hadn't played like shite yesterday. Andy Pettitte's velocity and location were off all game and I don't think he had a 1-2-3 inning. Although he did last 6 innings, giving up only 3 runs, 2 earned. The Astros offense simply failed to deliver all night long. Oh well. It's a long season and I wasn't expecting them to go on a 140 game winning streak.

This is the view from where I was sitting.

I've never been able to catch a foul ball while at a game. I've only had a few even come in my direction. I'd hoped that something along the foul line would change my luck a bit, but of course I forgot the Astros sport a very righty heavy lineup so flys down the right field line were unlikely. Oh, I also forgot the Astros seem to be incapable of making contact with the freaking ball.

Jason Lane is one of the true oddities of baseball. If I recall correctly he's the only active ball player who bats right and throws left. The last one before him? Rickey Henderson.

I'd previously mentioned truth in advertising when it came to thongs and Bush. Well, it seems that someone knew themselves very well when they bought their shirt. This kid spent the whole game looking at anything but the event he'd paid money to see.
Oh well. Today represents a new day and a new game. Got my tickets. It'll be fun no matter what.

Just for you SSG George. There have been 16 presidents since the Cubs last won a World Series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment