Monday, May 01, 2006

Consolidation

It's 4am as I start this. I've got a senior going downtown this morning for the phys. He's a possession waiver so, well, he's probably not joining this week, but looking good for next week. He's young and has been local for the past few years. Heck, he's lived, worked, and went to school in the same city since 2002. This is not going to be a difficult waiver to process. Well, barring the likely "other charges he failed to mention" problem that is far too common that is. We'll see what Maricopa County Juvenile has to say.

As I was preparing this waiver I did some reminising about waivers past. Something which I always thought would make this process slightly easier was a consolidated write-off. For those not in recruiting a write-off/stroker is a police or court check which you're not required to do because the agency in question either does not release, or charges a fee to release, information. The applicant is still required to reveal any and all charges they have in those jurisdictions, but their recruiter won't find out if they're being honest until the ENTNAC check comes back.

There does not seem to be any sort of consolidated list of agencies that do not release. Heck, in my little slice of recruiting it seems that getting the brigade list is something that borders on the impossible. I hear rumors of it existing, even as local as the battalion, but there seems to be some sort of barrier preventing if from entering my station.

So, here was my idea. I have my own write-off, as well as the write-off for a couple of other areas. I figured I'd scan them in, and post them online. For the two recruiters who read me, maybe these will be useful at some point. Of course we'll still have to call the appropriate stations to verify the write-off is still valid, but at least it's a starting point. I debated doing a knowledge network or forum on AKO to get these out there as well, but I don't know if there is already some sort of recruiter network on AKO. Any info on that would be appreciated.

Anyway, kid called to say he's running late. Forgot something. I didn't press because it probably meant he forgot to wear something he's required to for the phys. I'm usually much happier not knowing that my applicants go commando.

0 comments:

Post a Comment