Sunday, September 03, 2006

Slowness

Killing time on a Sunday. Watching the Astros take on the Mets. The Mets managed to ruin a nice little streak the Astros had going. Although they're not officially out of it, and after the past two seasons I just can't give up, 3 and a half games, and three teams are difficult things to overcome. In the mean time I'll just enjoy watching Roy O do his thing.

*UPDATE* I love watching Roy Oswalt throw a curveball. It really is a thing of beauty.

*UPDATE* Also spending time reconnecting with some old rugby buddies on MySpace. First time I actually found a use for that profile I'd set up ages ago. Were it not for a prior family engagement I'd be going to Nacogdoches for an alumni game on the 23rd.

*UPDATE* Day-by-Day is one of my favorite comics to read, but I don't know where this story line is going. I don't know if comics can jump-the-shark in the same way that television shows can, but I don't see how this story arc can end in anything but a JTS moment.

*UPDATE* Roy O was perfect through 6 and then blew it when Mrs. SFC B jinxed it by saying the "no hitter" word. Astros fans can feel free to shoot threating emails to her to my address. Today was a day for talking comics so I figured I'd share the funniest thing I've read in a comic in a long time.

I'll go one further: If the Nazis had been wearing Lance Armstrong masks 1492, maybe the French would have fought back.
I laughed myself hurt when I'd read that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment