Saturday, July 28, 2007

Holy Zombie Comment!

So, I was looking through my comments trying to find any spam ones about enlarging my penis, refinancing my home, or placing bets in an off shore, unregulated sports book, when I found a recent comment made in a non-recent post. If you're not interested in following the links you can probably make a good assuption about the content. Since I never promote comments which praise me, announce their worship of me, or are otherwise flattering or complimentary, then obviously someone tossed some insults and I feel like responding.
You military people are pathetic, I'm frankly sick of the manipulation and lies used to lead naive unassuming men to death.
Thank you for your opinion Rhonda. I appreciate the time you took to share with me how you feel. However I would appreciate it if you could direct your vitriol to those who you intend to insult. When you say "military people", and then specifically address the actions of recruiters, you're insulting about 1,990,000 servicemembers who have nothing to do with the recruiting process. On their behalf, leave them out of your rant. Quite honestly, to call the people who are interested in joining the Army "naive" is to assume that these people are so obtuse and ignorant as to have avoided all mention of anything which has transpired since 9-11-2001. The fact is, the young men and women who I speak with every day are, probably, the most informed generation in history. And it's also rather sexist of you to assume that only men are giving their lives in the service of their country in the War on Terror.
What a piece of shit you would brag about total deception.
Remember, the post of mine which started this was me dealing with a hypothetical interview where the applicant wouldn't commit to enlist because of the risks of going to war. I'm curious how I'm "bragging" about anything. I was sharing an interview techinique I've used to moderate success when dealing with a very, very serious issue. At a few points in the hypothetical interview I mention the dangers of war and the Army, and how enlisting is not something that any one person in particular needs to do. I actually think I'm very upfront about the situation and I'm addressing their possible concerns in a head-on manner. Rhonda, please demonstrate to me where I'm being deceptive in any way. I'm curious so I can correct it in the future.
The reality of this situation is that no matter how you twist the story once a person has signed a contract with the US military nothing is guaranteed but ONE thing and that is you will do what the military tells you to do regardless of the contract, you can be pulled at any time and deployed to IRAQ or Afghanistan.
You're right in that, by signing that contract, you're agreeing to serve as a member of the Armed Service. When you enlist you state it quite clearly in the Oath of Enlistment "I will obey the order of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulation and the Uniform Code of Military Justice." I don't see a whole lot of wiggle room there. And that's the third line of the Oath of Enlistment. I'm not seeing a whole lot of deception going on here Rhonda. People who enlist into the Army not only hear that statement, they say it back in a loud, thunderous, motivated voice.
I'm frankly sickened by the military for the sorry underhanded tactics they use to entice people to die.
I too am sickened when I see or hear about recruiters doing underhanded things. I've even written about it. As a matter of fact I'm willing to bet that I'm more sickened by lying recruiters than you are Rhonda. Unlike you, I take their actions seriously because they reflect upon everyone else who has to do the same task, and do it honest and above-the-board.

Anyways, thank you again for your time Rhonda. I appreciate your time and am glad you found something that interested you enough to comment. I hope you have a great weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment