Thursday, November 01, 2007

Hello...

is there any body in there?

Just smile if you can hear me.

Is there anyone home?

Yeah.

I'm still here.

Oh?  The thing I'm sitting on?  It's a giant nut.

Aside from that?  Life isn't going too shabbily.  The station boxed last month, and with a little bit of luck we should fall not too short of making it this month.

Did I say "box"?  I meant "phase line".  I guess we no longer box, but instead, phase.  If I had my way I'd phase myself right into Kathy Ireland.  Two objects can't occupy the same space my ass.  Phase Line baby!

Tonight was our company award ceremony.  My usual response to such things is "darn, I'd prefer to just be left alone."  And I kept to my usual self.  It was a good time though, even if we did spend most of the evening watching one station take all the awards.  And of course I sound bitter about that because it wasn't my station.  I might despise recruiting and be counting the picoseconds until I'm done (7.884e*10^18 in case you were curious), but I still don't like having it rubbed in my face that I'm not assigned to a mall a suckass recruiter.

A couple weeks ago we had a Future Soldier function where we played touch football.  I'd like to lie and say that I injured my back on a glorious play to score a winning touchdown.  However, there are too many witnesses and I must confess:  I tripped over my own two feet.  But it wasn't just my back that was twisted in a way it didn't want to go.  Thanks to a secondary effect, I discovered how to spell sciatic.  Yay.

Anyways, I'm still alive.  I'll be working on the blog a bit over the weekend.  No, I won't be changing the colors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment