Thursday, March 13, 2008

From the comments

I'm on a lunch break and fgured I'd hit up the ol' Cyber Zone in the Troop Store. I've seen a couple of comments on some posts which deserved a bit of attention.

From SSG K reference the "Stop Loss Movie". Apparently Kevin is now selling scripts to MTV Films. Good for him if so. Seriously though, here we are in Year Six of the War on Terror, and we're approaching Year Five of Iraq, and the "best" story that MTV Films can think to make is one about a personnel and manning action? Just looking at the preview at the film's website I'm going to bet that the main character (the former Mr. Reese Witherspoon) will be a guy who did great things in Iraq, but saw a couple of his squadmates get blown up and has unresolved issues from it. He gets home, thinks he's out, and gets some orders in the mail. He gets upset, he and his hot wife/fiance/girlfriend have a graphic make-out session. Then a friend of his with some undiagnosed PTSD will do something to hurt himself. And then we'll see Ex Mr. Witherspoon have a speech. Credits will roll.

Continuing with SSG K, I wish I could say I was surprised to hear that USAREC did a horrible job of Force Protection, but let's face it, I'm not.

SGT H, you'll get through it the same way everyone else has. Cynicism, alcohol, and either an unhealthy increase in blood pressure or an ulcer.

Guardsman, update your page bastard!

0 comments:

Post a Comment