Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm melting! I'm melting!

Well, not quite. Although according to some voice on the radio the heat index was upwards of 115. That reading was what was waiting for me when I hopped in to my car after work yesterday. Although it might have been pure hot outside, it was a comfortable 71 inside. And yes, I set it at 71 specifically because Senator Obama doesn't think I should be allowed to be any cooler than 72. I would have went cooler, thus wasting even more dinosaur juice, however I was wearing shorts and it would have been too chilly. I tried to make up for it though by driving faster. However those fiendishly clever German engineers designed the engine and transmission so that, even at rather rapid speeds, it keeps its MPG over 30. Damn them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment