Friday, May 23, 2008

Thanks Christina

I was originally introduced to Crystal over at Boobs, Injuries, and Dr. Pepper through a link on Lucrative Pain. How could I possibly resist something which contains "boob"? Since it wasn't something I linked to, I didn't check it frequently (when I link something I link it so that it's easier for me to read it regardless of the computer I'm using), but I'd click on it occasionally and read what was there.

When I clicked there today I found myself spending the next hour and a half completely engrossed.

Anyone who knows me well knows that, when I find something interesting to read, I will not stop until I'm done. I did not stop until I'd finished reading and rereading her Crazy Chronicles series.

It's not reading for the light-hearted. It's actually terrifyingly depressing. I've read a whole lot of things in my life, and that series is, simply, the best. I've had my experiences with the mental health profession and her recent experience brought up some old, somewhat unpleasant, memories. I originally started reading Crystal around 9am this morning and I finished reading it around 10:30. The rest of the day I've had that story in my head. I don't know if I'll ever lose it.

I'm not sure I want to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment