Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dang it

Holly tagged me with a meme thing. In keeping with my nature I ignored it for a couple days hoping it would go away. Sadly it did not. So here is goes.

1. I'm right handed, but when I wear watches I wear them on my right wrist. I was told at a young age that usually people wear them on the opposite side. I don't know if it's true or not, I don't really care, but I have to fill out six items so bear with me.

2. I was supposed to have been born on Groundhog's Day.

3. I'm a Lumberjack, and I'm okay.

4. According to Mrs. SFC B my best singing voice is a falsetto. Maybe one of these days she'll get me drunk enough that I'll do my "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" cover and post it to YouTube for a complete humiliation.

5. I'm the highest ranking military member in my family going back 4 generations. It might go back further, but I don't know.

6. I only saw my recruiter twice. Once when I walked in for my initial appointment, and a second time when I went to the RS for the only DEP function I attended.

I'm not tagging anyone with this because, well, I'm petulant that way.

Anyways, tonight, in addition to filling out memes from bloggers more popular than I, I also attended the state high school basketball tournament. I learned a couple things tonight.

Try as they might, women just don't make as good a basketball player as men. The men are, across the board, bigger, stronger, and faster. I'm sure there are individual women who can be competitive against their male counterparts, but they are few and far between. I'm sure it's not for lack of effort, but if I was the coach of the teams that lost tonight, I'd spend some time next year working on my chest passes, bounce passes, and maybe have a 10 minute lesson on why the soft lob across the court into a double team is not a good idea. I saw that many times.

Many of the banners for the normal sponsors at Jobing.com Arena were covered by sponsors of the Arizona Interscholastic Association, the Army and Marine Corps included. However they failed to cover the giant Budweiser signs on the scoreboard. This lead your's truely to comment "The Arizona Interscholastic Association, and Budweiser Beer, are proud to bring you High School basketball. Remember kids, drink responsibly." I'm sure that the AIA had nothing to do with that, and the advertisement was left uncovered because it's oddly shaped and in a very inconvient location, but still, I found it humorous.

I've now spent time in all four professional sports facilities in Arizona. I must say that all of them are really, really nice.

I originally had one other thing here, but as I wrote it I realized that it deserved a blog post of its own. So, unfortunatly for the idea, it's going to die because I'll never get around to writing about it in a particular post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment